The Margin Gem Stove
This is the "Cadillac" of the Margin Gem Stove series - an exceptionally stunning, airtight wood burning stove that will have people looking twice - yet a stove that is very practical and equally suited to heat your home and cook your meals.
The Margin Gem high efficiency wood cook stove uses an exclusive "air-jet" re-burn design system. The re-burn system re-burns gases and smoke before exiting the exhaust into the atmosphere.
Margin Stoves in Ontario, Canada are all custom built to suit your needs and fit your budget. To get started, choose between a shelf or warming oven above the cook top. Next, you will need to decide on the color. Black is the factory standard color, but white and almond are also options.
- 1750 SQ. FT. heating capacity.
- Front and top loading door.
- Accepts logs that are 17".
- Cast iron grating system.
- Bell draft control firebox
- Cast iron cooking surface.
- Exclusive "Air-jet" re-burn design.
- Large ash trays.
- Black porcelain exterior finish.
- Black porcelain oven interior.
- Nickel trim.
- Lid lifter, poker and ash scraper.
- Limited one year warranty.
- Black with nickel trim
- Almond with Nickel trim
- White with Nickel trim
- Black with Black trim
Wood Stove Installation Guidelines
Click the below link to download a copy of wood stove installation guidelines.
View All Specifications
|DIMENSIONS||WITH RESERVOIR||WITHOUT RESERVOIR|
|HEIGHT TO COOKING SURFACE||31.5"||31.5"|
|CAST IRON COOKING TOP||26" x 37"||26" x 37"|
|FIRE BOX||17" L x 12" W x 14" D||17" L x 12" W x 14" D|
|BAKE OVEN||20" W x 20" D x 10.75" H||20" W x 20" D x 10.75" H|
|RESERVOIR CAPACITY||0||5 Gallons|
|HEATING CAPACITY||1,750 Sq.Ft.||1,750 Sq.Ft.|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||600 lbs||550 lbs|
|SAFETY TESTED||ULC-S627 UL-1482|
|CLEARANCES TO COMBUSTIBLES|
|BACK WALL TO UNIT||6"||6"|
|FIREBOX SIDE WALL TO UNIT||26"||26"|
|BACK WALL TO PIPE||5"||5"|
|OTHER SIDE TO UNIT||6"||6"|
|FIREBOX SIDE WALL TO PIPE||39.5"||39.5"|
|OTHER SIDE WALL TO PIPE||30.5"||30.5"|
- Fire Box Water JacketIn place of the firebrick, a water jacket can be installed during the manufacturing process to supplement hot water needs in your home. Your stove can plumb directly into your home's hot water system, and then water can be circulated to your hot water heater and stored; this will take the strain off your utility usage and save you money. The Water Jacket does not affect the size dimensions of the firebox. One or two wall jackets are available.
- Copper Water ReservoirA copper lined reservoir is located on the side of the Margin Gem with a water capacity of 5 gallons. A reservoir will heat hot water and store it. It can be used for any chore that demands hot water like dishes, laundry, cleaning or even used to add humidity to your home. It also adds extra cook top space, which is a must for the serious cook.
- 20 Gallon Rear Mount ReservoirThis is for the serious hot water user. This stainless steel tank is mounted on the back of the stove. This hot water can be plumbed into an exchanger in your hot air duct on your furnace, that air can then be circulated through your entire home to assist in even, hot air distribution.
- Reservoir FaucetA decorative faucet that will add character to your stove.
- Thermostat ControlThis mechanical control is a spring coil that expands when warm and contracts when cool. When the room temperature drops, the coil spring shrinks and opens the door at the back of the stove to allow oxygen to the flame, which creates more heat. The opposite works when the room temperature is too high. The coil spring expands and, in turn closes the door to restrict oxygen to the flame, which cools the stove.
- Maple Leaf TrivetsIn the past, trivets were used for warming butter. They are made from cast iron and plated with nickel. They are located on the back splash of the stove and make nice ornamental pieces that add character to the stove.
- Coal OptionsPlease call for information - 519-788-3788
- Floor ProtectionUnit must be placed on non-combustibles like 3/8 mill board extending 18 inches past the front of the stove and 8 inches past the sides and rear. All unit installations must comply with W.E.T.T. Regulations.
- Electric Fan With ControlsThe electric fan is a option for people who want a touch of history and modernization in their home. The electric fan is mounted on the back of the stove and pushes air through the vents on the side and front of the stove.